Monday, September 17, 2007

How Butch and I cursed and blessed a robber on the same day

a testimony of Wendy Lopez-Redaon

Somebody broke into our house about two months ago. I went home from the market and found shards of our glass window on the floor. My closet door was ajar. Immediately, I checked the secret spot where I put bulk of our money in. It was untouched and in tact! I called Butch in his office and told him the bad news. Together, we did an inspection of what was missing: his motorcycle helmet, a pair of his basketball rubber shoes, our digital camera, 300 pesos worth of cash and my wedding ring. My heart sunk. Very scared, I asked Butch to come home at once. The robber didn’t get a lot of things. I was surprised he didn’t take my my ipod or the DVD player. This made me think that he (assuming it was a guy who did it) only made an inspection of the place, took only stuff he could carry and planned to come back to get some more.

As I picked up the shards of broken glass, I cursed the culprit with an angry heart. “I curse the person who did this. I release a curse to the person who broke into my house; not only to him but his family up to the 6th generation.” I felt violated and apprehensive. Our apartment, for me was a safe haven located on the third floor in a building my father owned. It was the compound I grew up in and it was robbed in broad day light!

read more

click here to read more of Wendy's blogs
also read "A thousand deaths all for Love"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.